Medical Coding – A Complete Course
This course is designed for those with no previous experience in the healthcare field. Learners will be provided with all of the tools needed for a successful career as a professional coder.
Course topics include:
- Medical Terminology and Anatomy and Physiology – Learners develop the skill of understanding medical terms as well as a solid foundation in organ systems, disease, and treatments.
- Introduction to Medical Coding – Provides an overview of the career, the tools, credentials, and more
- Introduction to Coding Systems – Introduces students to Diagnosis and Procedure Coding Systems
- ICD-10 CM – A complete course in the ICD-10 Coding system, Guidelines, Code Assignment, Coding Clinic, and more
- Procedure Coding – Current Procedural Terminology – The sections of CPT, Code assignment, Modifiers, Appendices, CPT Assistant, and more. HCPCS – The sections of HCPCS, Use of HCPCS codes, code assignment, and more
- The Health Record – Students gain an understanding of the health record and its many forms. From paper records to Electronic Medical Records to the various sections and document types in a health record. Learners gain proficiency in reading and abstracting information from health records.
- Ethics and Law in Healthcare – Learners focus on regulatory guidelines including privacy, security, professional conduct, and the meaning of Compliance in all areas of healthcare.
- Computers in Healthcare – Provides learners with the knowledge of the electronic data systems used in the healthcare field including accounting, medical records, electronic communications, and more.
- The Business of Healthcare – Students understand the reimbursement of health services and the finance of healthcare delivery.